YouTube is so popular, large-scale and regularly viewed video hosting that has long outgrown the status of “the biggest site!” in its niche. YouTube is a worldwide phenomenon and there, accordingly, the whole world is hiding inside.
Despite the policy of content filtering, it stores a lot of shocking and dangerous, because all the problematic moments they can’t track and notice. If children have discovered YouTube and spend a lot of time there, parents have a reason to worry. What we’re talking about? Adult xxx content is banned here along with illegal use of the content of major music studios (you are ridiculous now, is not it?), but there’s a lot of doubtful stuff:
– Shocking hard content;
– Obscene and slang vocabulary;
– Harmful manipulative installations;
– Any dangerous experiences that children will want to repeat at home;
– Useless video trash and pseudoscience.
If you think about it, you can formulate (and immediately find) a lot of muck, which does not formally violate the rights to use the site, but they are enough reason to ring the alarm. Do not rely on the administration of the site; it is better to take control of children
in reliable parents’ hands.
You will have to work hard if you do not completely ban the Internet. But to help in this
matter you can use simple but useful parental control tools for YouTube.
YouTube safety mode in web browser
This is a basic tool to protect children from the whole nasty videos. The main idea of this tool lies in the work of a kind of artificial intelligence, but rather simply an algorithm that is designed to identify incorrect video content and not display it in search results for
Ideally, this is a better solution than trying to capture and block every questionable video separately. In practice, the algorithm works, but does not work with 100% accuracy. The child can find something dark during surfing, even under controlling by this feature.
But not all owners of “adult” content on YouTube can spit on the children`s question due
to various reasons. (Not always personal moral, but general legal reasons, if we’re talking
about large legal entities working here).
So their questionable videos are labeled with an age limit and they’ll goes to the purgatory
algorithm voluntarily to make the search and sorting procedures faster and more accurate.
The filter described above, simply tuned to “work with children”, will exclude them from the search as well.
How to switch YouTube safe mode on?
It is quite simple; you just need to follow the procedure described below.
1. Launch your personal account in Google or YouTube. If you don’t have it, you need to register and it will take a couple of minutes.
2. When the account is working, go to YouTube using your target browser.
3. Find “Safety” button at the bottom of the YouTube main page and click on it.
4. Turn on “On” button then. If you see such message as “You can lock the Safety Mode setting after you sign in” after clicking it, that means you are not open your account.
5. Mark “Lock safety mode on this browser” and save it.
6. Then the page will reload with the changes saved, and you will see the words
“Successfully enabled Safety Mode”.
7. Notice one important thing! The child can think of turning off the security mode, since the button is in direct access when using the site. What will help prevent this? Everything is fun just because you need to get out of your account. Safe mode will be saved in browser, and the child will not be able to disconnect it without access to your account. (Do not forget to write down the password, old man!) Finally, repeat the procedure on each browser that is installed on your computer.
How can you activate the tool on your phone?
The child can play with the phone, and climb into YouTube there. So you need to protect
all the gadgets too.
Read the application settings section to find the necessary item and activate the mode.
The process of locking is similar to the one described above. To summarize, can the “safety” mode limit the child from shocking content completely?
Categorically not, but it’s better than doing nothing. It filters a huge part of trash video content and you need to use it combined with other tracking and limiting software to get